Thursday, February 26, 2009

I and I

Suppose your boss arrives; you will welcome him and say, "Please come, sit down and have something to eat." You flatter him, but inside you say, "What a trouble has arrived! When will he go?" This is not known to your boss. Thus, two "I's" are within you; one performs action in the external world, and the other is inside. You are well-acquainted with this inner "I" but others do not have the correct information about it, Spiritual practice (sadhana), therefore, is to unify the two, the internal 'I' and the external 'I' into one.

Two-ness in one single personaIity of human beings is their disease. The greater the gap between these two "I's", the more you will undergo psychic torment. You must remember that in this second half of the 20th Century there is a great gap between the internal "I" and the external I. And because of the trouble in adjusting these two "I's" there is an increase in the number of lunatics. This is the greatest disease of the 20th Century.

("Paramapurusa ")

No comments: